"…Are you taking a selfie again…"
"Go back to sleep."
i think tumblr just needs a reminder of Kindergarten rules
Just a reminder within the fandoms…
Rule #6: Stop expecting everyone else to give a shit about how special you think you are. You’re not special, get over yourselves.
The basics of the spell I believe got me a job interview within 2 days:
- A favorite incense that helps you think of success or liveliness.
- A representation for value/money. (gold, a favored crystal/stone, etc)
- Fire and a place to burn a small paper.
- Green ink or marker.
- A candle for the deity or spirit you would like to ask for help from, or if you don’t work with any, pick a candle that is a color you feel appropriate. Suggested: green, gold/yellow.
- A symbol (sigil etc) that indicates your goal, motivation, or direction you want in life.
1) Burn your incense. I chose a patchouli/forest incense. Patchouli attracts prosperity, and forests thrive and sustain themselves richly without interference, and are their own ecosystem. That’s how I want to be and what I want to accomplish. The incense had a green color so that helped also.
2) Take your object of value (I chose a piece of gold jewelry kept on my gods’ altar) and run it through the incense smoke while you begin to focus your intent. Enter a mild meditation or trance if you can, and begin to push the intent into the object. The purpose of this object is to keep it around your person as long as you feel it helps, to attract opportunity and to motivate.
3) When you feel ready, set the object aside or on your altar if you have one, then light your candle. If you work closely with a deity, ask if they would be willing to help your purpose with their energy.
4) Get a small strip of paper and your green marker. Write the symbol you’ve chosen on the paper, and if you have a preferred job, write the name of it on the other side of the paper. If you’re asking a deity’s help, the symbol should be of Theirs or something that indicates Their strengths. I used the Kenaz rune
because it’s my favorite and I use it for a lottt of things.
Here is the chant to say while building and focusing intent as you write. If you have room on the paper without it being too big, write the chant down too.
Doors of success, open to me
I stand on my own and take what I see
Doors of success, open to me
Prosperity is mine, I blaze my way free
Light the paper on the fire in the candle, and let it burn in a safe location. Repeat the chant as much as you feel you want to while it burns. Envision the fire being fueled by the intent you put into the paper while you wrote. I prefer to do this spell in front of an open window—I feel it lets all the smoke from the incense and paper suck out, like releasing all your purpose out into the air to do its job. But that’s only important if you feel it is.
Put out your candle however you see fit, but let the incense burn out all the way. Keep the object of value (that you charged/enchanted for attracting your job, motivation, or money) either on your person or beside the candle you used.
Okay, I’m sorry, but not sorry for my response to this, but, you can’t just keep wishing for good things to happen in your life. You can make all the spells, charms, prayers, wishes you want about getting a job, finding a partner, getting a house, being able to afford life in general, it’s not going to matter unless you go out and make it happen. There’s no secret to getting a job and making a life for yourself, but there is one thing you ABSOLUTELY NEED to do: Talk to People. No one’s going to care about how great you are at casting spells or doing tarot readings or creating “stuff” unless you actually go out and network. You need to actually do something that involves going out of your comfort zone or even doing things you never thought you were going to do with your life. You can’t keep burning things and chanting spells to make your lives better or to get a job or a better job.
The best “magic” you can do is to go out and talk to people. And don’t you dare say you can’t because of self-diagnosed mental issue X. Introversion is not an excuse either because introverts can still talk to others in order to make it in this world. If these spells make you feel more confident or better about your chances, then perform away. But please don’t rely on the false hope that these incantations will actually net you a job because more often than not, they won’t. You’ll never get anywhere in life sitting behind your computer and sending out requests for other people to notice you and help you out, especially if those people don’t have any clue as to who you are or why they should care about you. The people who get noticed are the ones to go out, introduce themselves to others, help them out, and socialize. Doing this will allow for more people to get to know you and your talents first hand, and by word of mouth, your name will be passed on to someone who may actually need of your skills. You could argue that you’ve sent your resume out to thousands of people and never got a call back, and to that I’d say, because people won’t give two shits about what a piece of paper says. Employers are much more likely to hire you if they actually know what you’re capable of and have either seen you work or heard of a recommendation from someone they know or trust.
Trust me on this. I didn’t get where I am today by just sitting around in my room typing away on a keyboard hoping beyond hope that someone will notice me. I actually put myself out there, as uncomfortable as it was for me, and made myself known. And this is what I’m going to continue to do if it means being able to live life comfortably. Resumes don’t carry as much weight as you think they do, plus, people can lie on their resumes or applications. So don’t blame the employer if they don’t automatically believe that you are the person for the job, especially if there are hundreds more all vying for the same job you want.
This is an example of when Kyle has made me want to slap the TV
I think he just wanted to make light of the situation and comfort Kenny. Also, Matt and Trey needed to get Kenny to heat up and show how passionately he feels about this and how much it tortures him. Just a simple way to get there this way.
I know, it was just one of those moments where someone tries to say something comforting but ends up saying the one thing you shouldn’t say and it made me cringe is all. I really hope they will revisit the mysterious arc. They have expressed an interest in it.
The point of ‘wouldn’t it be cool not to die” also understandably had to be brought up because that’s what a lot of the viewers would easily think. They had to make it clear that no, it would not for the story to work.
The weird thing about this paradox though is that Cartman actually seems to be immune to the “curse” that Cthulhu put on Kenny’s parents. Mostly because he seems to be aware of Kenny’s predicament since in the episode “Cartmanland” when the IRS was taking away settlement money after Kenny’s death in the park, Cartman replied with “That’s just Kenny, he dies all the time!” This makes me wonder if the others are also aware of Kenny’s deaths, they just choose not to remember them especially since he’s been dying so often that they know he’ll come back.
What they don’t know is whether or not all of the deaths Kenny suffers will affect Kenny at all since he overall seems like a cheerful, happy-go-lucky kid. The only time he ever really deviated from that attitude is when he became Mysterion. As the seasons progressed gradually, Kyle, Stan and Cartman just began to assume that Kenny would return no matter what happened to him and that his memories of his deaths wouldn’t linger, which is probably why the episode of “Kenny Dies” was so tragic for them, because they didn’t know whether or not he was immune to death by disease or natural causes, since all of his other deaths were either man-made or incredibly violent wherein death was immediate, well, except for his death in the “Wacky Molestation Case” episode.
I can see where Kyle is coming from in this scene though, they’re presented with a case they’re not used to in terms of Kenny’s attitude, and Kyle being the problem dissolver he is, tries to console Kenny by saying that if they had his power, they would probably think it would be cool not being able to permanently die. This coming from the mind of an oblivious 10-year-old. And let’s face it, any ten year old would probably love to be immortal, that way they could live as recklessly as they wanted. Kenny reacts accordingly, even though Kyle was only trying to help. This kind of harkens back to Kyle’s inability to properly deal with Stan’s depression in “You’re Getting Old” and “Assburgers”. He wants so desperately to help his friends, but he doesn’t know how. Nevertheless, he tries anyway, more often than not having his solution thrown right back in his face because he didn’t say the right thing to the affected person. Overall, Kyle does mean well, even though he doesn’t say the right things all the time or assumes quite a lot. I give him kudos for at least trying to make Kenny feel better about his “power”.
YOU CAN SHIP CHARACTERS SEXUALLY BUT NOT ROMANTICALLY
YOU CAN SHIP CHARACTERS ROMANTICALLY BUT NOT SEXUALLY
YOU CAN SHIP CHARACTERS ROMANTICALLY AND SEXUALLY
YOU CAN SHIP CHARACTERS COMPLETELY PLATONICALLY
YOU CAN SHIP CANON SHIPS, GAY OR STRAIGHT OR OTHER
YOU CAN SHIP NON-CANON SHIPS, GAY OR STRAIGHT OR OTHER
YOU CAN SHIP NON-CANON THREESOMES, GAY OR STRAIGHT OR OTHER
YOU CAN SHIP WHAT YOU WANT TO SHIP
STOP SHAMING FANS FOR THE THINGS THEY SHIP
Bless this post
Ever since I saw this, I NEEDED to do it. (the end is crappy but my hand started to feel really numb, poor hand.)
(Tumblr please don’t be a bitch, let me post this.)
Hitler flirting with Eva Braun.
I don’t know how this makes me feel
It makes me feel very uncomfortable
You know what’s so uncomfortable about this? It shows that perhaps one of the most evil men in history, was a human being. That, on occasion, he could be nice, even flirty. That’s not all. You want to see evil people as evil, screaming horrible stuff over a desk with 20 microphones with 20, 000 people saluting them. The evil is clear and recognizable then. This shows a completely different image, it scares you because that means that evil isn’t a stereotype, that evil is not recognizable, that evil could be anyone. It scares you because this shows that could be lurking inside anyone and you’ll never ever know. Maybe in you?
i reblogged this literally like 2 minutes ago, but i want this version because of that comment ^
That comment is one of my favorite post commentaries, because it’s completely right. People aren’t inherently evil. Like good, it’s a role they grow and live into. We have just as much potential to destroy as this man exhibited. And it’s a very eye opening experience to realize that.
does anyone even remember that one time hitler attended that luncheon between world leaders, some guests of which even included china’s socialist leader as well as Stalin. And then when they were ordering, everyone was gladly ordering impressive dishes one after the other, but Hitler placed an order for barley tea and a pheasant (considered a peasant’s meal by standard). When he was questioned as to why he would order something like this in something as grand as a world leader’s congress, he replied,
“I don’t smoke when my people cannot smoke, and I cannot eat when my people are going hungry.”
He wasn’t evil for its own sake, let’s try to remember that despite the countless murders, but for a moment, he did actually believe he was doing something for the good of his countrymen.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
No, he’s right. Hitler, though extremely wrong in his views, did everything for what he thought would better the lives of his people. It was wrong. It was disgustingly, horribly wrong. But he did not do it because it was evil and he was evil. He did it because he believed it would help Germany and those who needed a better life. Those who don’t understand or even try to understand the human brain will always label men like him as ‘evil’ because it is easier to accept. But he wasn’t ‘evil.’ He felt love and loyalty and responsibilities. He simply took these aspects and morphed them into a twisted, violent thing.
Tumblr is probably the only place we could have this conversation and not be lynched.
“Every villain is a hero in his own mind.”
This post speaks to an ultimate truth. Everyone believes that they’re right in what they do, and that they’re doing good. If someone knew that what they were doing was wrong, they wouldn’t do it.
No one on this post is defending him, what he did was beyond unspeakable, but we realize that he thought he was doing the right thing, however perverted and horrible it was.
It’s amazing to think that no matter what source you go to for information, more often than not, you won’t find a neutral biography of people like Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, etc. because of how steeped in hatred those people are. Even the Wikipedia page for The Holocaust is written in such a way that you’re more inclined to start seeing how evil the people who conducted it were instead of seeing what might have been going on on both sides. Hell, even in Germany today, people are not allowed to talk about The Third Reich or anything relevant to Nazi Germany.
While I admit that the Holocaust was a gruesome time that none of us young people today can really fathom, I’d like to hear the stories of the soldiers, officers, and other people who had to carry out these awful things. I want to hear their side of the story for once. That doesn’t make me or anyone else who is curious bad people or Anti-Semitics, it just means that we’ve heard one side of the story for years, and we’d like a chance to get an idea of what happened from the people who are always labeled as “evil” just because they did bad things and made poor choices. All I’m going to say is that if it weren’t for Hitler, I doubt Germany would have been able to pull itself out of it’s post-WWI depression as quickly as it did.
if you aren’t hyped about synthetic life and colonizing space then get out of my face
Someone enjoyed “The Sims” a little too much…
When it comes to the Brony fandom and everything in it, tumblr has got to be pretty hypocritical about it. All the problems they say make the fandom the worse fandom ever are near ubiquitous in all other fandoms, yet they’ve got a damnable fem-boner for beating any instance of “spaghetti” and the steretype to the forefront and going “ewwww, look at how gross this fandom is”
Idiotic fans- Everywhere, they come in all different shapes and sizes and are impossible to tell how big of a proportion of the fandom they take up. Tumblr likes to rail on Bronies far more than they do for any other fans, not even the inevitable shrieking fangirls hailing from the halls of Superwholock and Homestuck. Shit happens in each fandom and they will get called out for it. However this leads on into a later point.
R34- It wouldn’t be a rule if it wasn’t universal now wouldn’t it? It’s porn of stuff intended for kids; that’s terrible right? Then why is there porn of every other cartoon out there? Including the porn coming from active fandoms right here on tumblr? Is MLP somehow inexplicably sacrosanct from the internet? No, if it exists there will be porn of it, just tag it away to your own blogs, filter it out, don’t flip your shit like some kinda of 13 year old if you do see it, and quit pretending that the same doesn’t happen in your little fandom.
Men- Here’s the stickler, there are some plain stupid arguments that the periphery demographic somehow “stole” the original show. That’s just bollocks, firstly, there’s a near quarter of the current fandom who are straight up women, so bangs go the idea that the fandom is just full of men; Then there’s the non-binary/transgender contingent, so pop goes the idea that the fandom as a whole rejects anyone off the cis-radar. And yet, tumblr is fixated on this idea that it’s weird that grown men and boys are liking a show that’s typically built for little girls and that by watching this show we are STEALING the show from them. We aren’t, we’re contributing to the viewership numbers, surely isn’t that a good thing? A show that’s well done and has well executed morals getting recognition? And breaks the gender divide and draws in the male demographic without compromising the creators properly feminist ideals WHO MADE IT CLEAR; THIS SHOW WAS MEANT FOR EVERYONE, GENDER ROLES BE DAMNED.
But ohhhh nooooo, it’s all these eeeeeevil men watching something they’re not supposed to. Women can like whatever they want you sexist pig but not menno they need to be less valued because muh patriarchy. How dare they corrupt it even though half the staff are only men and the fandom has no say which way the show goes. Yeees, the fandom is toxic and sick unlike any otherbecause I saw this post from this popular person why do I need to see the show and fandom for myself when I can just stay here in my little dashboard because I don’t need to prove my points of the behaviour of all these men fedoras fedoras neckbeards evil reddit evil reddit MRA spaghetti they’re all the same.
Tumblr is full of hypocrites who suckle at the veritable thumbs of their own fandoms and then cry out in manufactured nausea and outrage at the possibility of something harmless but goes against their new definition of the “norm”.
There is no difference whatsoever between the “Brony” fandom and any other fandom that has, is, or will exist out there. Be it in behaviour, intention, demographic or fan created output.
You may hate the fandom, how the hell am I to stop you, entire sites do so on an ingrained basis; 4chan, facepunch, forums from here to Korea, but tumblr is the worst of them all. Even worse then 4chan.
At least 4chan doesn’t PRETEND TO BE RIGHTEOUS.
It’s disheartening that posts that shed light on deplorable behavior get lost and buried under exactly the kind of behavior that’s being dissected.
More people need to stand up and point out these discrepancies.
We can’t halt the spread of disease if no one’s willing to share the vaccine.
All this, but especially that 4Chan line. I honestly sometimes feel safer lurking 4Chan than posting here because I know 4Chan at least has an understanding that everyone is assumed to be there as an asshole and no one is better than anyone else.
I refuse to let this die with the obscurity of only 872 notes while that same HURR DURR FAT FEDORA NECKBEARD crap breaks into the thousands.
I decided I needed to make my own advice/spirit animal.
I call him Advice-o-lantern.
THIS IS MY LIFE OMFG
I’m not saying this describes me…but only because I don’t want to incriminate myself.
That second to last one needs to be changed, because fuck Hobby Lobby. Also K-Mart is duplicated.
Introducing Color Communications Badges
We want to make sure everyone has an amazing and fun weekend at BronyCon, but we also know that it can be overwhelming to meet and be around so many people in such a small space. For 2014, we’re trying something new and we hope that it will have a positive impact on the brony fandom and on the convention community at large.
We’ve adapted the color-coded badges popularized by the Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN) and made them available for people who want to express their communication preferences quickly and non-verbally. By doing this, you can notify everyone whether you want to be approached for interactions or not.
Here’s what the badges look like and what they mean:
- "Come Talk To Me!" A person wearing a green badge is actively seeking interaction. They may have trouble initating conversations, but it’s okay to come up and start a conversation with them.
- "Do I Know You?" A yellow badge means its wearer only wants to talk to people they recognize. Unless you’ve met this person face-to-face before, don’t start a conversation with them. If they start talking to you, you’re welcome to talk back.
- "Not Right Now." If a person has a red badge showing, they do not want anyone to talk to them. They may approach others to talk, in which case it’s okay to respond. But unless you’ve been told you’re on someone’s “red list”, don’t start interacting with them.
If you see someone wearing a yellow or red badge, please respect their wishes. If you are wearing a red or yellow badge and someone is harassing you by not respecting your preference, find the nearest BronyCon staff member immediately.
If you’d like more information on The Autistic Self Advocacy Network or the Color Communication Badges, please visit http://autisticadvocacy.tumblr.com.
To download your own Color Communication Badges, visit http://bit.ly/CommunicationBadges
Thanks a ton to autisticadvocacy for helping us out with this!
If you are an eagle-eyed viewer - and I know you are - you might be wondering why we’re not just using ASAN’s template. After some discussion and testing, we found that there were a few things we wanted to change. Here’s what they are, and why we changed them.
First, we changed the “red” shape to a square instead of an octagon. We got feedback that the octagon was hard to differentiate from the green circle at a distance. The square is easier to see, and still means “stop” in the media world, so it works. We also considered an X.
Second, we changed the “yellow” shape to a horizontal line instead of a triangle. The combination of yellow and triangle on a badge was problematic, so we tried to come up with another shape that would work.
Third, the colors are tweaked so that, even to colorblind people, the colors are distinguishable. These badges are actually specifically not BronyCon’s brand colors, as we intend for them to be used by any convention or event (or person!) who wants to.
Last, it’s not apparent from this picture, but the three badges are actually printed with different colors on each side. There is a red/yellow one, a yellow/green one, and a green/red one. This is because lanyards twist and turn, and we want to make sure that when you display a red badge, your lanyard doesn’t turn and make it into a green badge! You can always order your badges so the right color is on the outside.
I really hope that this is the start of fan conventions picking this up and running with it. We only have a limited supply at BronyCon, but I’m hoping that we have to go out and print more during the weekend!
"But Bronies" what?
Don’t leave us hanging tumblr user @witherwhetherwonder
Wow, you’re kind of proving my point.
I, too, am a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I’ve watched all the episodes (excluding the most recent season, I haven’t gotten to that yet) and the horrible Equestria Girls movie, and I own a Fluttersly plushie, a ponies coloring book, a Celestia keychain and a printed copy of a picture of me as a pony. I refer to episodes when it’s relevant to the conversation or situation, I use the ponies’ personalities to describe certain friends, and I’ve gotten several other people to get into the show as well. However, I choose not to identify with the fandom because they are associated with some truly horrible people and ideas. I understand the horrible people are probably a minority, but they are what the fandom is known for, and what the show has now become associated with.
It’s supposed to be a kids show. Like, kid-appropriate. But this subset of bronies has sexualized the characters and situations. Pony porn is now a thing. You can buy wifu pillows of ponies sprawled sexily. You can even get fuckable plushies of the ponies. This is just so inappropriate and wrong on so many levels.
There was a terminally ill boy who’s request through the Make A Wish Foundation was to get a character on the show. They did it, and let him even voice the character! The creators and those in charge SPECIFICALLY asked the brony fandom to NOT MESS with that character. And bronies did.
They found a background pony whose eyes weren’t animated to go in the same direction and quickly made her into a big deal, coining the name Derpy, which is offensive to mentally disabled people. They’ve even managed to make her such a big deal you can find tons of merchandise for Derpy too. The character herself isn’t so much a problem as the name and the fact that the fandom uses her to joke about the disabled.
Bronies are associated with “fedoras”, men’s rights activism, and just general douchebaggery and sexism. They are known for having a really skewed view of the world and others, and what they’re entitled to just by being born male. Even if they do a couple good things that doesn’t undo the shitty things they’re known for.
In case you want more things to look at, here are some tumblrs devoted specifically to bronies sucking: http://bronystupidity.tumblr.com/ , http://brony-horror-stories.tumblr.com/ , http://anti-bronies.tumblr.com/
That being said, I think the badge communication system is a really great thing and I hope it leads to better understanding of those with social difficulties, and I hope it leads to others honoring boundaries and being respectful of others. I hope it catches on for other conventions and maybe general social gatherings. People who have difficulty communicating openly with strangers could really benefit from a way of letting others know they don’t want to be approached, autistic or not. I think it could even be a good relating point between those with autism and those who are allistic but aren’t so comfortable around other people. Cons can be really overwhelming even for people who are generally comfortable with others, and if the badge system is successful it would be a way for less-social people to feel more comfortable in a crowded environment. If they know they won’t have unwanted interactions, they might be less intimidated by the con environment and might be more likely to go to a con if that’s something they’ve wanted to do. I really support the original post and the idea of the badges, I am just surprised at the source. I genuinely hope the toxicity of the brony fandom doesn’t affect the success of the project. Only time will tell.
Whoo, boy. Time to dismantle some more rubbish.
I’m going to go through this post bit by bit, as this person is clearly writing from not only a very extreme bias hellbent on clinging to generalizations, but also one that has been horribly misinformed to boot.
For starters, you’re complaining about “the poor children!” while completely disregarding a few things:
- People have been making adult content for cartoon characters literally since animation began. Go google “Tijuana bibles”. It’s been going on for nearly 100 years now. You should probably be aware, too, that this isn’t a male-dominated practice. Go look up anything regarding Transformers, Xiaolin Showdown, or Team Fortress 2, and see how long it takes you to stumble upon gay porn drawn by women. Hell, there are even naked player models for TF2.
- In fact, A lot of the people producing adult content in this fan base are women. Though, I’m sure you’ll just continue to deny this.
- When it comes to mature content, the main places that house it have built-in filters that keep such content from showing up in a google Safe Search. Tumblr blogs marked as NSFW are not searchable, and filters on mature content at Derpibooru need to be manually disabled. The fandom itself actually took it a step further, and initiated a multi-fandom project to make sure that Safe Search is as safe as the name would imply (and frankly, it’s already doing a damn good job). And, let’s face it, hon: You know damn well that no child should be left unaccompanied on the internet without parental filters enabled in the first place. If you think two-dimensional drawings are the worst things one can find on the internet, than you’re astoundingly innocent. You can literally go to Youtube, type in “Budd Dwyer suicide”, and watch a man shoot himself through the back of the head in front of an entire press conference. There are also four of the Faces of Death films on Youtube in full. Frankly, “naughty” ponies should be the LEAST of a parent’s concerns.
- Not only is no one “taking anything away” from little girls (my 12-year-old niece watches the show, and she already owns her own iPhone and iPad, yet she hasn’t found a damn thing yet that has “corrupted” her.), but if it weren’t for the older members of the fandom that are able to provide consumer feedback to the company, there wouldn’t have been an increase in the quality of the toys, and there wouldn’t be anywhere near the amount of merchandise available for it. In fact, it weren’t for these “grown men” you speak of (and, by the way, the members of this fan base now number from between seven to twelve million people. And you honestly believe they’re all adult males? Really?), the show certainly wouldn’t be approaching its fifth season, nor would it have spun off it’s own sub-franchise (Equestria Girls).
In regards to Sylvain Portlance and Stellar Eclipse:
- Sylvain Portlance is a an adult. HE IS 18 YEARS OLD. He is not “terminally ill”. He’s disabled, yes, but he’s not in grave condition.
- The Make a Wish Foundation never made any public statement regarding Sylvain, or bronies.
- Sylvian’s mother has openly apologized about her initial statement, as she was unaware of Sylvain’s feelings on the matter.
- Sylvain himself has openly stated that, as an artist himself, he is open to all kinds of art, and has no qualms whatsoever with whatever anyone decides to draw with his OC.
- There was never “a ton” of porn of Stellar Eclipse. At the time that this occurred, there were only TWO IMAGES, and BOTH BY THE SAME ARTIST.
- The artist had no idea at the time that the character was anyone’s OC.
- It was not the artist that decided to send either of those images over Twitter. Those were the actions of a couple of idiots on 4chan intentionally trying to cause drama.
- The artist immediately removed the images at the mother’s initial bequest, prior to the Twitter apology. They did not leave them up, or continue to circulate them, out of spite.
Regarding Derpy Hooves:
- The word “derp” is not a slur. It is typically merely associated with having a cross-eyed or wall-eyed look on one’s face. At most, it is used when someone makes a mistake out of the ordinary, which - at the core - is exactly what Derpy Hooves was: An animation error.
- Derpy is one of the most beloved characters in the fandom. I have yet to see anyone besides known trolls making jokes about disabilities at her expense. Even if she was disabled, she’d still be just as loved. Are you implying that we shouldn’t allow the possibility of disabled characters in kid’s shows? Because heaven forbid there’s a character someone with disabilities could identify with, especially one that’s as beloved as Derpy, and in complete disregard to her flaws. Derpy is also the plainest-looking of all the ponies on the show, but she’s still loved on the same level as the more unique, more brightly-colored ponies.
- Apparently, Hasbro doesn’t entirely side with the idea of “derp” being a slur either, since the name “Derpy” can be clearly seen not only in online toy listings and labels, but printed on the bottom of the Derpy MIMObot. People working on the show have also publicly stated that the character is going to remain a staple of the show.
Regarding your (seriously pathetic) connections of “fedoras”, “misogyny”, etc:
- Why the “fedora” stereotype is complete nonsense. Written by another woman in the fandom.
- Regarding the allegations of “rampant sexism and misogyny”. The majority of this is literally in the minds of people claiming it. Need I remind you that someone interpreted an episode about giving less-than-perfect shelter animals a chance at adoption as “rape culture”?
- Why any of the stereotypes about this fandom are nonsense. If you’re old enough to be on tumblr, you’re old enough to not be using any kind of a stereotype. Seriously. That’s fucking childish. Grow up.
- What you claim is “WAAAH! SEXISM!” is actually a bunch of guys standing up for themselves, because they’re constantly being attacked by spoiled, entitled teenage girls who abuse the label of “feminism” in order to be nothing more than, as our current Pope so eloquently put it, “chauvinists in skirts”. These are the same people that demand inclusion into so-called “male-dominated” fields and activities, but who then pitch a glorified conniption fit and scream about “womens’ spaces” being “invaded” the second any male begins to appreciate anything even borderline “feminine”. Heaven forbid average human beings of all kinds appreciate something no one expected them to (least of all themselves), regardless of how much they knew they would likely get made fun of for it. For every person that cries about alleged “bad bronies”, maybe they should be taking a look in a fucking mirror for a change, and start weeding out the rejects that continue to stain the label of “feminism” a distasteful shade of bullshit brown.
- There are ridiculously numerous instances of tumblr “feminists” using the characters to spread ideals that the woman who created those characters is openly AGAINST. I guess you’re not THAT concerned about “the poor children” if you support people that use ponies to spread messages of misandry, the advocating of mass male genocide, and the flagrant use of vulgarity (I won’t even get into the fact that some of them are actually trying to PROFIT off of this as well). News flash, cupcake! Lauren Faust does NOT support the kind of man-hating radical feminism that runs rampant on tumblr. So much so, in fact, that she even wrote an entire episode of The Powerpuff Girls that openly mocks it. The only reason she now regrets writing that episode is because of the backlash she received from the same people whose views it was criticizing. have some. There’s a heaping helping of people being threatened with death and violence for “daring” to enjoy a cartoon.
- People literally make up complete bullshit about this fandom on a regular basis. Someone actually made up a story about the near abduction and sexual assault of a little girl, which was later definitively proven to be a load of crap. That’s more than a little fucked up, sunshine. And then there are also the claims of sexual harassment that allegedly took place at Everfree Northwest of the voice actresses of the Cutie Mark Crusaders that the VA’s themselves openly debunked on Twitter as being complete lies.
Need I even mention the fact that some of them were found to be taking part in exactly the behavior they complain about? The only “entitled” people I see are a bunch of bitter, resentful teenage girls who didn’t get put on “time out” enough when they were little.
The very fact that you linked a bunch of anti-brony sites just goes to show what kind of a person you are. For starters, these are people that intentionally go to places they know they don’t like, digging around for anything that they can twist into a negative. They cherry pick behaviors from an extreme minority, and then put them on display as though they represent all fans. Once again, we’re talking between seven and twelve million people.
And, by the way, the woman who created the series knows very well about the fan base, and is entirely supportive of it, as well as disagrees with the viewpoint of it that you’re currently expressing.
Also, for good measure, here’s a woman that works on the IDK MLP:FiM comic also calling bullshit on brony stereotypes.
The attitudes of people like you seriously make me fucking sick. Even after children are bullied, and after another boy tried to KILL HIMSELF due to being bullied for liking ponies, you still continue to gleefully smear your bullshit on every surface you encounter. Hell - some complete and utter assholes decided to even try to sabotage the charity drive to pay for his medical bills. But no - it’s the “big, mean, BRONIES!” that SAVED HIS FUCKING LIFE that are the “bad guys”. You can go fuck yourself right off the edge of a cliff.
Lastly, this fan base has accumulated hundreds of thousands of dollars for numerous charities worldwide, and have been doing so since the middle of season ONE (i.e., before the existence of an older fandom was even that widely known). What have you done for anyone besides yourself? I’m willing to bet it’s probably a lot of jack and shit.
While bronies have actually accomplished a tremendous amount of good for others, people like you sit behind your computer screens, spewing forth rivers of bile out of your own discomfort with males embracing something even remotely “feminine”. Because let’s face it, sweetie - you know damn well that’s the REAL reason for the insecurities you’re putting on display here.
The people behind this convention have gone out of their way to try to ensure the comfort of others in a way that they were never obligated to do, and all you can think to do is use it as an excuse to continue to demonize others.
Grow the fuck up, and get a fucking life.
What bugs me the most is he’s not going to read your post, and he’s going to continue to spread all these lies all over tumblr and link to anti brony blogs to prove his point.
It’s really quite sad what this whole ordeal has become.
That’s really the tragic thing about all this.
Like I said, any rational person would read that and say “Wow! The bronies really aren’t so bad! I should spread this information so people can see this isn’t really that big of a deal!”
But there’s folks who get angry when presented with those facts. I mean…do they not want them? Are they only seeking conformation that everyone else on the internet is no better informed than they are?
They may as well be saying “No! I want the bronies to stay horrible people, or else people won’t listen to what I have to say!”
Well sorry folks, but all we’re doing here is giving you the truth.